Drain Cleaning for Better and Faster ResultsEden Prairie Plumbing Services for all budgets.
Routine Drain Cleaning is Important, here’s Why
People don’t usually think twice about what they throw down their drains and pipes. The kitchen sink is responsible for leftover food and cooking grease clogging up drains. Hair, soap, and dirt from the shower drain can create buildup too. Scheduling a routine drain cleaning will aid in minimizing any future problems and damage to an Eden Prairie home.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning
Drain cleaning can be bothersome to homeowners, and they may even neglect this chore, but the benefits of regular drain cleaning can have significant outcomes. Below are a few benefits to consider.
- Improves the Lifespan of Drain’s: Cleaning drains could improve their lifespan by eliminating rust or breaks. How often drains need to be cleaned depends on the size of the household and how often the drains are used.
- Gets Rid of Foul Odors: Regular draining gets rid of food that stays in pipes and the unwanted smells from decaying food. Regular drain cleaning is essential to prevent bad smells in a drain.
- Makes For Faster Drainage: Drains are inclined to blocking over time, causing them to drain slower. This can happen even if the drains are professionally cleaned. Homeowners will have to maintain their cleanings.
- Helps Reduce Expensive Repairs: Having professional drain cleanings can often catch any issue at hand that will build up into a larger issue than just a clog. A plumber will be able to detect any problems such as aging pipes, overflowing pipes, or pipe-damaging.
How Often Should Drains Be Cleaned?
For more frequently cleaned areas, such as sewer or basement drains, the drains and pipes should be professionally cleaned every few years. Professional cleanings should be performed more often if the plumbing system in the home is very old or if there is an extensive root system near the main sewer line.
How to Prevent Drain Clogs
- Always be mindful of what goes down the drains. In the kitchen, don’t throw coffee grounds, cooking grease in the sink, and if the sink does not have a garbage disposal, keep any food out of the drain as well.
- Some people live by drain gates or screens, and they are relatively easy to find and purchase.
- Regularly remove hair, soap, food, or other kinds of build-up from drain stoppers.
- Running boiling water will help clear any buildup, be sure to do this every week.
- If the kitchen sink does have a garbage disposal, run cold water whenever it is used.
- Avoid putting any over-the-counter chemical cleaners down the drain, as they can cause severe issues in pipes.
Why Chemical Drain Cleaners Are Not Suitable To Use
Most chemical drain cleaners include toxic and skin-damaging chemicals. However, the level of chemicals inside this product is necessary to appropriately clean pipes and drains. This is often the “trade-off” from DIY or having a professional come in.
- Dangerous to Children – Because of the levels of chemicals in the fumes of over-the-counter drain products, children should never be near these products. Before any children come near the area, the homeowner or parent should flush thoroughly to remove all drain cleaner residue.
- Environmental Impacts – Some drain cleaners can be more environmentally friendly. These will use an enzymatic action to “digest” organic materials, but they will act slower than the other “less eco-friendly” options and take longer to perform the task.
Plumbers in Eden Prairie
Proudly serving Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, and the surrounding areas, locally-owned and dedicated to solving all residential and commercial plumbing problems. Eden Prairie plumbers are drain cleaning experts in the industry and provide fast, reliable service on anything from large home plumbing projects to quick clogged drain fixes. Give them a call today to schedule drain cleaning at (952) 479-5884.